Title and statement of responsibility area
Toni Sailer Summer Ski Camp 50th Anniversary
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1981, 2013-2016 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 cm textual materials
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
File contains e-mail correspondence, to-do lists, articles, and other documents relating to the 50th Anniversary of the Toni Sailer Summer Ski Camp, with a particular focus on the planning of the anniversary celebration by Alex Douglas.
List of documents:
- 001 - article, “Museum Musings: Celebrating 50 years of summer skiing,” Jeff Slack, Whistler Question, April 25 2016.
- 002 - article, “Olympic Hero Toni Sailer Teaches Ski Racing Atop a Canadian Glacier,” Anita Verschoth, Sports Illustrated Vault, June 1 1981.
- 003 - advertisement for Brandy’s at The Keg, Creekbread and the Community, winter wear and cookbook, Mountain Life, winter/spring 2016.
- 004 - e-mail correspondence between Tam Peavoy and Alex Douglas, March 24-26 2016.
- 005 - Creekbread menu, c. 2015-16.
- 006 - e-mail correspondence between Alex Douglas and Wayne Wong, February 15-16 2016.
- 007 - e-mail correspondence between Jeff Slack and Alex Douglas, March 24 2016.
- 008 - scan of a TSSSC pamphlet: Racing/Freestyle/Recreational, with pictures of Toni Sailer, Nancy Greene Raine, Wayne Wong, and Bob Dufour.
- 009 - e-mail correspondence between Whistler Museum and Alex Douglas, October 15 2015.
- 010 - e-mail correspondence between Sarah Drewery and Alex Douglas, August 2 2013.
- 011 - e-mail correspondence between Karla Grenon and Alex Douglas, April-August 2015.
- 012 - Priority Communication Planner page with phone numbers, e-mails, and notes about the Whistler 50th Anniversary.
- 013 - Priority Communication Planner page with to-do-list (?) for planning 50th Anniversary.
- 014 - Priority Communication Planner page with notes regarding 50th Anniversary.
- 015 - e-mail correspondence between Alex Douglas, Doug Matthewman, Steven Threndyle, Alan White, and Scott Bridger, regarding date for 50 Summers at Whistler celebration.
- 016 - copy of April 2015 correspondence between Alex Douglas and Karla Grenon, with handwritten notes along the top and on the back.
- 017 - e-mail from Alex Douglas to Nancy Greene and Al Raine, April 26 2015.
- 018 - e-mail correspondence between Alex Douglas and Cate Webster, March-April 2015.
- 019 - Priority Communication Planner page with notes/to-do list for 50th Anniversary.
- 020 - e-mail from Alex Douglas to Gemma Prescott, March 16 2015.
- 021 - e-mail from Michelle Leroux to Alex Douglas, August 2 2013.
- 022 - e-mail correspondence between Harry Burgess and Nancy Greene Raine, May 9 2014.
- 023 - e-mail from Alex Douglas to Mark Taylor, October 7 2014.
- 024 - “Summer Skiing? A Whistler Tradition,” Whistorical blog, June 29 2013.
Excellent (January 2019)
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Alex Douglas.
Arranged according to original order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
All inquiries regarding use, reproduction, and publication should be addressed to the museum staff.
ADOUGLAS-01-02-015 and ADOUGLAS-03-002-003 were originally found with these papers.
Standard number area
Name access points
- Sailer, Toni (Subject)
- Douglas, Alex 'Axel' (Subject)
- Wong, Wayne (Subject)
- Slack, Jeff (Subject)
- Drewery, Sarah (Subject)
- Whistler Museum and Archives (Subject)
- Peavoy, Tam (Subject)
- Greene Raine, Nancy (Subject)
- Dufour, Bob (Subject)
- Grenon, Karla (Subject)
- Matthewman, Doug (Subject)
- Threndyle, Steven (Subject)
- White, Alan (Subject)
- Bridger, Scott (Subject)
- Webster, Catherine Anne (Subject)
- Prescott, Gemma (Subject)
- Leroux, Michelle (Subject)
- Burgess, Harry (Subject)
- Taylor, Mark (Subject)
- Raine, Al (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
RAD, July 2008 version. Canadian Council of Archives.
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
January 8, 2019