Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Postcards sent to members of the Jardine-Neiland family from friends and relatives in Europe, the USA, and Canada, from roughly the early 1900s to 1946.
- 001: "Easter Cheer" postcard from J.B. and M.B. A.B. (in Pembroke, Ontario) to Jenny Jardine, postmarked March 31 1926.
- 002: Belgian postcard showing "Officers & Apprentices of British Barque 'Beechdale,'" from Bob Lloyd to Lizzie Neiland, no date.
- 003: postcard showing Princes Street from Scott Monument in Edinburgh, Scotland, from cousin William (in North Berwick) to Jennie Jardine, postmarked May 31st and June 20 1921.
- 004: "Greetings from Laverne, Okla." postcard from Joy Smith to J. W. Neiland, postmarked June 14 and June 19 1941.
- 005: photo postcard of "Jess" and her husband, c. early 1900s.
- 006: unlabelled photo postcard of 4 women c. early 1900s.
- 007: Burns Statue Square postcard from Aunty [Mary?] (in Ayr, Scotland) to Bobby Jardine, postmarked October 6 1923.
- 008: "Easter Greetings" postcard from Aunt [Margot?] (in Vicksburg, Michigan) to Bobby Neilan, postmarked March 29 192[6? 8?].
- 009: "A 'Joy Ride' in Florida" postcard from Aunt [Margaret?] (in Leesburg, Florida) to Bobbie Neilan, postmarked February 27 1935.
- 010: "Hippopotamus in Breckenridge Park, San Antonio, Texas" postcard to Bob Neilan, postmarked March 8 1934.
- 011: "Murren, Grosshorn, Breithorn und Tschingelhorn" postcard from [Lizzie Jardine?] to Miss J. J. Neiland, August 17 1927.
- 012: "North Berwick from the Beach" postcard from Aunty M. to Bobbie Jardine, postmarked November 24 1923.
- 013: Horseshoe Bay, B.C. postcard from [Ins?] to Mrs. Wallace O. Betts, postmarked July 22 1938.
- 014: High Street, Kinross postcard from [Sammy?] to parents, Mr. and Mrs. Neiland, postmarked February 23 1944.
- 015: Summerland Road postcard from Jack (in Penticton) to Mrs. L. Neiland, postmarked August 15 1944.
- 016: "The Breakwater, Bude" postcard from [Coreen?] (in Harrow, Middlesex) to Mrs. Neiland, postmarked September 9 1946.
Fair-Good (October 2018)
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Louise Smith, August 17, 2001.
Arranged according to original order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
All inquiries regarding use, reproduction, and publication should be addressed to museum staff.
Material was found in collections on October 19 2018 with accession form noting it had been donated by Louise Smith on August 17 2001. As no accession number could be found (and it did not match the description of any previous accession), it was given the number WA_2018_039.
Standard number area
Name access points
- Jardine-Neiland family (Subject)
- Jardine-Neiland, Lizzie (Subject)
- Neiland, Lizzie (Subject)
- Jardine, John Alexander (Jack) (Subject)
- Jardine, Jack (Subject)
- Jardine, Robert Laidlaw (Subject)
- Jardine, Bob (Subject)
- Betts, "Jenny" Janet (Subject)
- Neiland, Thomas (Snr) (Subject)
- Neiland, Thomas Warren (Jnr) (Subject)
- Rutherford, Mary Jane (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
RAD, July 2008 version. Canadian Council of Archives.
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Catalogued October 2018.
Revised December 2020.