Title and statement of responsibility area
Misc. TSSSC and DMSSC Photos
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[c. 1970s-1980s] (Creation)
Physical description area
5 photographs : col ; 10.2 cm x 15.1 cm
1 print : col ; 21.6 cm x 28 cm
1 print : b&w ; 20.2 cm x 25.3 cm
1 mounted photograph : b&w ; 19.5 cm x 24.6 cm
1 mounted photograph : b&w ; 18.7 cm x 24.3 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Photographs of campers and staff skiing, hanging around, and posing for group photos at the Toni Sailer and Dave Murray Summer Ski Camps.
- 001 - photo view from the top of a ski run looking down, with the DMSSC banner in the foreground.
- 002 - photo of campers and staff sitting and standing around in front of the TSSSC office.
- 003a-b - two identical group photos of TSSSC staff outdoors. Very similar shot to 004/005.
- 004 - group photo of TSSSC staff outdoors. Same shot as 005; very similar shot to 003.
- 005 - large print of group photo of TSSSC staff outdoors. Same shot as 004; very similar shot to 003.
- 006 - black-and-white cardboard-mounted photo of a man skiing.
- 007 - black-and-white photo of a man skiing. Same shot as 008.
- 008 - black-and-white cardboard-mounted photo of a man skiing. Same shot as 007.
Notes made by Alex Douglas:
001: "DMSSC on Blackcomb Glacier"
002: "Adventures West Village - Camp was there 1972 to 1979. On table: Floyd Wilkie, Wayne Wong. Greg Lee on deck."
003-005: "Back row left to right: Toni Sailer, Wayne Booth, Alan White, Greg Lee, Wayne Wong, Bob Dufour, Don McQuaid. Middle row left to right: Scott Bridger, Nancy Greene Raine. Front row left to right: "Bob Turgeon, Floyd Wilkie. This photo would have been on the Whistler Glacier, probably 1978 or 1979."
006: "either 1973, 1976, or 1977. Alex Douglas wearing ski patrol pack. Harvey Soicher photo."
007-008: "These two photos taken by Harvey Soicher (worked with Greg Griffith). 1972 or 1976."
Fair-Excellent (December 2018)
Item 005 has a fingerprint mark and a small stain in the 'sky' above the subjects' heads.
Item 006 is yellowed, has some marks and residue on the front, and has tape on the back which is still sticky.
Item 008 is yellowed, has some sticky places and paper ripped off on the front, and has tape and bits of paper stuck to the back.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Alex Douglas.
Arranged according to original order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
All inquiries regarding use, reproduction, and publication should be addressed to museum staff.
ADOUGLAS-01-03-001-019 and 020 are duplicates of ADOUGLAS_01_02_016_003, 004 and 005.
ADOUGLAS_01_02_010_001 is a duplicate of ADOUGLAS_01_02_016_003.
ADOUGLAS-01-02-016-002 is the same as ADOUGLAS-01-03-001-004.
Standard number area
Name access points
- Sailer, Toni (Subject)
- Lee, Greg "Sumo" (Subject)
- Wong, Wayne (Subject)
- McQuaid, Don (Subject)
- Wilkie, Floyd (Subject)
- Booth, Wayne (Subject)
- White, Alan (Subject)
- Turgeon, Bob (Subject)
- Bridger, Scott (Subject)
- Douglas, Alex 'Axel' (Subject)
- Dufour, Bob (Subject)
- Greene Raine, Nancy Catherine (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
RAD, July 2008 version. Canadian Council of Archives.
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
December 12, 2018