Title and statement of responsibility area
Jack Douglass Fonds
General material designation
- Cartographic material
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Name of donor.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 cm textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Fonds consists of material related to the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department in the early 1970s; newspaper articles about the ski bum Dag Aabye; maps of the Alta Lake, Emerald Estates, and Alpine Meadows neighbourhoods; and other records relating to Whistler's 20th/21st-century history.
- DOUG_001: Photocopy of map of Alta Lake, 1960.
- DOUG_002: Newspaper article: “Dag Aabye: The Last Ski Bum,” Vancouver Sun, Tuesday April 22 2003.
- DOUG_003: Newspaper article: “Whistler Mountain through the years,” including timeline from 1914 to 2015, Vancouver Sun, Saturday November 21 2015.
- DOUG_004: Newspaper article: “Youngsters can’t hold a ski to Dag Aabye,” Vancouver Sun, Wednesday April 30 2003.
- DOUG_005: Photocopy of company registration document for Jackass Plumbing, Mr. J. P. Douglass, July 2 1969.
- DOUG_006: Photocopy of list of names and telephone numbers of the Alta Lake District Fire Department.
- DOUG_007: Photocopy of ‘birth announcement’ for 9-hole golf course in Whistler Cay Estates.
- DOUG_008: Fire Protection Report for Alta Lake, August 12 1970.
- DOUG_009: Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 1971.
- DOUG_010: Constitution and By-Laws of the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Brigade.
- DOUG_011: Map of Alpine Meadows.
- DOUG_012: Map of Emerald Estates.
Fair-Excellent (October 2018)
The two original maps are yellowed and heavily creased along fold lines. The map of Alpine Meadows has heavy brown stains in some areas.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Jack Douglass, October 17, 2017.
Arranged according to original order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
All inquiries regarding use, reproduction, and publication should be addressed to museum staff.
Standard number area
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
RAD, July 2008 version. Canadian Council of Archives.
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Catalogued October 2018 (Holly Peterson).
Revised September 2019.