Showing 7 resultsarchivistische beschrijving
Part of Trevor Roote Fonds
This item is the Resort Municipality's first recreation master plan technical drawing by Trevor Roote. The file contains a three year (1981-1983) program - recreation land development prepared by Trevor Roote, and the sketch was used at public meetings to promote a referendum which raised two million dollars. The funds were used to start building the valley floor recreation facilities like parks, trails, and beaches. The original plan was produced by a volunteer ad hoc committee including Trevor Roote, Al Raine, Murray Coates, Sid Young and Cesar Gianna.
File contains documents and studies from the Resort Municipality of Whistler related to the Whistler Village and resort's planning.
Documents are as follows:
- Resort Municipality of Whistler Preliminary Overview of Community Facilities Requirements Report, [no date, 1983-84?]
- Whistler Village Design Guidelines - Whistler Village Land Company, 1980
- Whistler News and Official Community Plan Update Summary, 1980
- Whistler Village Reports, 1978-1980
- Resort Municipality of Whistler Newsletters (RMOW), 1975-1981
- Folder 1 - "Landscape Changes and the Decision Making Process in the Whistler Mountain Area" Simon Fraser University Master's Thesis, copyright Wilhelm Alexander Hunken, 1969.
- Folder 2 - 'The Whistler Town Centre' historical summary, 1981
- Folder 3 - 'Whistler Village Market Study' report, 1978.
- Folder 4 - 1978 Dollar breakdown spending sheet for the RMOW; 'Whistler Village Land Company: A Development Opportunity' promotional brochure; 'Gondola Area Study: Planning Policies', 1987; RMOW Bylaw no. 704 'A Bylaw to amend the Official Community Plan'
- Folder 5 - Whistler Resort Profile promotional folder; 'A Study of the Whistler Community Plan', 1975; 'The Whistler Town Centre, 1981; 'A Planning Framework and Development Concept for Squamish/Pemberton Valley Region of BC', 1969; 'Brief to the Public Hearing Zoning Bylaw no. 9', 1976; 'A Resolution by Whistler Town Centre Steering Committee'; 'Comprehensive Development Plan for the Resort Municipality of Whistler: Draft 6', 1988; 'Resort Municipality of Whistler Heritage Plan'
- Folder 6 - Sketch plans and report for the Whistler Resort Centre.
Reports and studies from the Resort Municipality of Whistler that relate to the planning and development of Whistler Village, the resort municipality, the gondola area, and the Sea-to-Sky region between Squamish and Pemberton. The documents broach subjects including ecology, resort development, the environment, transportation, heritage, schools, architecture, sustainability, and municipal politics. Also includes photographs of RMOW events and a public art catalogue.
Photographs of events held in Whistler run in-part by the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
Maps and technical drawings related to the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW)'s recreation planning between 1980-1984. Areas include Lost Lake Park and the Whistler valley.
Reports and studies from the Resort Municipality of Whistler that relate to the planning and development of Whistler Village, the resort municipality, the gondola area, and the Sea-to-Sky region between Squamish and Pemberton. The documents broach subjects including ecology, resort development, the environment, transportation, heritage, schools, architecture, sustainability, and municipal politics.
Part of Trevor Roote Fonds
The Resort Municipality of Whistler Long-term Recreation Master Plan preliminary map and accompanying referendum brochure pertaining to the Whistler Recreation Masterplan's implementation.