41 archival descriptions results for Alpine Meadows
41 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Part of Jack Douglass Fonds
Photocopy of a list of members of the Alta Lake District Fire Department and their home and business phone numbers. Six separate areas are listed - Alta Lake West, Lift Base, Alta Vista, Whistler Cay/Nesters/White Gold, Mons/Alpine Meadows, and Emerald Estates - with two to five firemen for each one. The fire chief is Dick Fairhurst.
- August 12, 1970
Part of Jack Douglass Fonds
Report by the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department regarding fire hazards in the area. The report notes that the current Volunteer Fire Department is not large or well-equipped enough to protect the entire area and urges all residents to be conscious of preventative fire safety measures. It contains a list of firefighting equipment (and lack thereof) in each of five zones of the Alta Lake area as of July 1970.
Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department
Photographs including but not limited to the Canadian Garibaldi Championships , freestyle skiing, avalanche patrol, First Aid Ski Patrol, chairlifts, Pacific Great Eastern train, Toad Hall, helicopter landings, kayaking, Zube's Mushroom House, marijuana growing, the Crazy Canunks in Aspen, Franz Wilhelmsen skiing in 1982, Whistler aerials, Tokum Corners, summers at Lost Lake and Nita Lake, George Benjamin's family, construction of Town Hall, squatters at Jordan's Lodge, flood damage and landscapes, Pemberton rodeo, skiing on Whistler Mountain, hang-gliding, Gelandesprung ski jump contest, competitive downhill ski races, recreational skiing, windsurfing on Alta Lake, canoeing and kayaking on the River of Golden Dreams, avalauncher gun, Pacific Great Eastern maintenance and train during a snowstorm, fishing on Alta Lake, Gondola Barn in Creekside, chairlifts on Whistler Mountain, Roundhouse, Nancy Greene Summer Ski School, World Cup 1984, landscapes of Whistler, Pemberton, Mount Currie Rodeo, salmon smoking, and a party at Jordan's Lodge on Nita Lake.
Fonds consists of material related to the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department in the early 1970s; newspaper articles about the ski bum Dag Aabye; maps of the Alta Lake, Emerald Estates, and Alpine Meadows neighbourhoods; and other records relating to Whistler's 20th/21st-century history.
- DOUG_001: Photocopy of map of Alta Lake, 1960.
- DOUG_002: Newspaper article: “Dag Aabye: The Last Ski Bum,” Vancouver Sun, Tuesday April 22 2003.
- DOUG_003: Newspaper article: “Whistler Mountain through the years,” including timeline from 1914 to 2015, Vancouver Sun, Saturday November 21 2015.
- DOUG_004: Newspaper article: “Youngsters can’t hold a ski to Dag Aabye,” Vancouver Sun, Wednesday April 30 2003.
- DOUG_005: Photocopy of company registration document for Jackass Plumbing, Mr. J. P. Douglass, July 2 1969.
- DOUG_006: Photocopy of list of names and telephone numbers of the Alta Lake District Fire Department.
- DOUG_007: Photocopy of ‘birth announcement’ for 9-hole golf course in Whistler Cay Estates.
- DOUG_008: Fire Protection Report for Alta Lake, August 12 1970.
- DOUG_009: Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 1971.
- DOUG_010: Constitution and By-Laws of the Alta Lake Volunteer Fire Brigade.
- DOUG_011: Map of Alpine Meadows.
- DOUG_012: Map of Emerald Estates.
Part of George Benjamin Fonds
Photographs of the Burns Lake bust (3/2/213/1), Steve Podborski, dynamite cash on Whistler Mountain (3/2/213/4), Duncan Bell-Irving in the back of a police car, a flood at Alpine Meadows and 19 Mile Creek, an avalauncher, Roundhouse, the parking lot at Creekside and the Gondola Barn, the Tokum Corners sign, Franz Wilhelmsen, Armchair Glacier, and Jordan's Lodge covered in snow.